Monday, July 27, 2009

Moving On

As mentioned in a previous post, last Thursday, I did something I have never done before: I turned in my two week notice!
Basically, through word-of-mouth, and two good interviews, I was offered a postion that is: closer to home, pays a lot more, and doesn't have the headaches of my current position. Anyway, that is enough complaining. I actually HAVE a lot to be grateful for, and to look forward to:
1) My son starts Kindergarten in two-weeks. He will be the only kid running around a Georgia school with Michigan Wolverine and Detroit Tiger shirts on! I LOVE IT!
2) My wife, after years of not being able to due to Army life, is finally in college and starts her first full semester in a couple of weeks. She deserves it!
3) My new job sounds incredible, is a place I have wanted to work for AWHILE, and, it will allow me to focus on what I like: intrusion detection and prevention, and I think some code inspections! I am definitely excited. This job is closer to home, more money, and, so far anyway, better people!

No comments:

Post a Comment